The Multi-Angle Light Scattering Detector for Absolute Macromolecular Analysis.
Triple-angle MALS light scattering detector for the measurement of absolute molecular weight, size, and conformation of macromolecules in solution. The miniDAWN™ TREOS may be used either for continuous flow detection following chromatographic separation (connected on-line to HPLC, SEC/GPC, FFF) or off-line as a stand-alone unit in batch or microbatch mode.
Contains connections and on-board digital signal processing hardware for two external devices such as RI and/or UV detectors. Also contains an analog output from the 90° detector for interfacing to strip chart recorders. Includes an input for synchronization with an autoinjector/sampler. Gorgeous 64,000 color display. On-board analog-to-digital conversion with Ethernet communication for data acquisition. All interface cables included.
The miniDAWN TREOS™ comes with ASTRA® 6, the most powerful software package for collecting and analyzing data associated with protein, macromolecule, polymer and nanoparticle characterization. This versatile software package is used for data collection and analysis of either batch (unfractionated) or chromatographically separated samples.
ASTRA® 6 Software includes specialized routines for:
- Determinaton of absolute molar mass, size, and the second virial coefficient
- Integrates light scattering (MALS and QELS/ DLS), RI, UV, and viscometry (VI) measurements
- Calculate Mw based on column or universal calibration using a ViscoStar™ viscometer
- Measure intrinsic viscosities and Mark-Houwink parameters
- Determine polydispersity values (Mw/Mn ) and (Mz/Mn )
- Count particle number densities
- Measure the molar mass and rms radius for each elution slice (and therefore the conformation)
- Determine protein mass and fraction for protein conjugates
- Correct for interdetector band-broadening
- Calculate the precision of each result it reports
- Comply with 21 CFR Part II regulations
- Learn more
MALS combined with online Dynamic Light Scattering (DLS):
The miniDAWN™ and DAWN® HELEOS™ can be coupled with the WyattQELS™, DynaPro NanoStar™ or Möbius™ DLS detector for simultanous online DLS measurements using the same flow cell. While online DLS coupled to GPC/SEC or FFF separation as a single source of information can have certain limitations in terms of sensitivity due to dilution of the sample, it can provide additional and complementary information when combined with multi-angle static light scattering. Wyatt's DLS add-on instruments can be connected to the DAWN® or miniDAWN™ in order to determine particle sizes and their distributions. These DLS instruments contain a real time digital correlator. The correlator measures the autocorrelation function of the intensity signal from any one angle of the DAWN® or from the 90 degree location of the miniDAWN™. The correlator then calculates the hydrodynamic radius at each elution time in order to provide hydrodynamic radii over an entire chromatographic peak.
Do you want more information? We would be delighted to hear from you!